View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have read a fair amount about impaired limb awareness (sometimes referred to as "ownership") in CRPS. Here are citations that you can google to see abstracts:

• Kolb L, Lang C, Seifert F, Maihöfner C. Cognitive correlates of “neglect-like syndrome” in patients with complex regional pain syndrome. Pain. 2012;153(5):1063–73.

• Moseley GL, Flor H. Targeting cortical representations in the treatment of chronic pain: a review. Neurorehabil. Neural Repair. 2012;26(6):646–52.

• Lewis JS, Kersten P, McPherson KM, et al. Wherever is my arm? Impaired upper limb position accuracy in complex regional pain syndrome. Pain. 2010;149(3):463–9. Available at:

• Punt TD, Cooper L, Hey M, Johnson MI. Neglect-like symptoms in complex regional pain syndrome: learned nonuse by another name? Pain. 2013;154(2):200–3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painman2009 View Post
since my injuries started piling up, I have noticed that I must concentrate hard to get my feet to listen to my commands, sometimes I go to move one toe and another one moves instead or I try to move the foot left and right but it goes up and down instead.(always in pain no matter what happens) is this odd or what .. any one else have this issue?
BraveGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (10-29-2013)