View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pain could be from cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlco View Post
I have a question about these cysts,are the the same,perineural and tarlov?I recently had a mri and a 3mm perineural cyst was found in c6-and c7,on the right.The doctor said results were normal,are these cysts "NORMAL" cuz 90% of my pain,which is burning and radiating,is on my right side,The neuro doctor said pain was not from cyst,but i think it is,does anyone have a perineural cyst in the neck that caused pain?any info would help,my life is ruined from my neck pain.thank you
Pain could be from the cyst. Most doctors think they are benign, however approximately 20% or more are not benign. Check into the "Tarlov Cyst Foundation" for information, they have a website. Also, most recognized surgeon on the subject is Frank Feigenbaum at Tarlov Cyst Institute who also has web page. Educate your yourself. I'm not necessarily recommending surgery. I've been living with the pain for four years. My cyst is 8 mm and is at the right of my S2. I guess most of these are in the sacral region but it is my understanding they also occur in the C and T areas. Sorry you have it, it is a thankfully small club but very painful.
ccmcguire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote