View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 07:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question wisdom teeth extracted 10days ago and still feeling pain in jaw, normal??

Hi everyone, I found this site while trying to find out if what I am feeling is normal. I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled 10days ago. B/c I don't have dental ins or a lot of money, I kept putting off getting them pulled. I was in so much pain, my b/f paid for me to get them pulled. I was so relieved the OS got them out of my mouth before I even knew what happened. I was extremely nervous. I have had teeth pulled before & they always say u will just feel pressure, but that means pain. But I didn't feel anything. Just pain from all the Novocain shots the OS gave me. After the procedure, they took another x-ray to make sure everything was out, gave me a RX for pain meds and after care instructions and that was it. The next day I just felt soar, like I would expect but by the 2ns night I started having extreme pain in my jaw, only on the lower side. I called the ofc and they said it was normal. Now its day 10 and I am still having all this pain in my jaw on the bottom. I know if I call, they are going to tell me to come in, I don't have more money, we still owe from the $1000 it cost to get them removed. I just wondering if anyone thinks the pain I am having is normal or do I have to go back. BTW- I am not in the best health & I am a smoker. So I figured maybe that's why it is taking longer for me to heal.
snowwhite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (11-10-2013)