View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abegins View Post
I'm interested in the symptoms in your feet--how did they relate them to tos? Thanks
The theory for my symptoms that so far is making sense is this:

The irritation in the nerves in my right arm caused by TOS flares up my whole nervous system. All of the other secondary nerve buzzing, tingling, twitching, etc. are symmetrical. The deep, saturating aches in my right arm are only in my right arm.

The right arm aches are almost always the first sign of trouble for me. If I don't immediately change my posture, do some of my PT stretches, move around in some new ways, etc. I can be assured that soon my cheeks will tingle, both forearms will tingle, the tops of my feet will burn, the arches of my feet will twitch, and so on.

When my right arm starts to hurt and I am able to diffuse it before it really gets going, my other symptoms never happen.

Scenarios pop up that routinely confirm the mechanical nerve issues I have. The other day, I was sitting on the sofa leaning toward my right side, a position that can cause me trouble. I started to feel the familiar "charlie horse" type of pinpoint aching in my right triceps. I noticed that if I bent my head and tipped my right ear down to my right shoulder the pain vanished (when I created slack in the nerves). If I tipped my left ear to my left shoulder, my right triceps pain returned (when I put more stress and stretching on the nerve). I could turn the pain on and off, on and off, over and over again by tipping my head back and forth. Pretty interesting.

I did some right arm nerve gliding exercises followed my some torso/spinal twists. I returned to the same seated position and tried to activate my pain again with my head position. I could not. The stretches freed up whatever impingement was going on.
piano1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (11-05-2013)