View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

@Vanilla Bean - Thank you for you reply. Luckily my girlfriend does not drink and is not a fan of anything caffeinated. Reading through the sticky things was very helpful. Its funny how things that once annoyed me are the things that I miss the most. Like she used to smack my hand when ever I start my annoying habit of biting my nail.

@Dagma1 - How long ago was your injury and how long did it take you to recover? Mainly to not be so disoriented and start being able to normal conversations?

A little update

Day 5-Headache (woke up with an 8/10, but some benadryl, reglan, ice, and food helped and throughout the day she remained at a 2-3/10). Around noon time she has normal conversations with me with a normal tone of voice. She gets tired afterwards and then goes into the same state of mind. She needs to be reminded to use the washroom and I have to ask her if she has pain. There was one instance in which her pain was at a 10/10. Basically the buzzer of the dryer went off. I stepped out for a moment at this time to run errands, while my friend stayed. When I came back she was calling my name and started speaking to me in korean and was describing the sound the dryer made. I was confused, by this and later found out it was the dryer. Day 5 seems like a setback when compared to day 4, but I am learning from here that its to be expected. She still has hot/cold flashes, but seems to be less frequently. Numbness/tingling in hands and feet still exist. She has brief moments in which she has no headaches. I am slowly weaning her off medicine and using the icepack more often which really seems to help.

Well today is day number 6 and I found her with a bad headache around 8am. She needed the reglan and benadryl combo, along with ice. It helped and she is back to sleep.
Agent007tj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote