View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 12:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

OK I had my 90 day follow-up with my neurologist and he believes that I am progressing fine. All of my symptoms are perfectly normal and expected, and he wants me to focus more on tracking my sleep. He is concerned because I am having at least 2 bad nights a week and wants me to have only 1 bad night per month.

So, for the next few weeks he wants me to keep a detailed sleep diary and visit him again so he can see what to do about it. In the meanwhile he said to just take it easy and keep doing what I am doing, but to try to do yoga and meditate instead of going out walking or trying to run or anything too crazy.

As for how I'm doing, as of late, it really has been a struggle to sleep all the way through the night. I've begun to write poetry, which I've never in my life been able to do. I also have been writing down some short story ideas that, when I have a little more capacity, I intend on writing to completion. My creative side, which has never been a part of my life, is roaring to fruition in a way I never could have imagined. My "new" self is quite an "artist" It feels good to express myself through writing so I've been writing a lot.

Has anyone else noticed new skills or interests post-injury that previously were impossible or had little value to you?
OwlinFL84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (10-31-2013)