View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I would wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Hello to anyone that reads this

I'm in Georgia and in the middle of my reconsideration. I keep reading everywhere that it is vital to have an RFC completed by your dr or a PT. I asked while at the orthopedic's today about having their PT people fill it out for me.....takes 1/2 a day and costs $600.

I'm willing to go that route if it will help me get this reconsideration approved for my small fiber neuropathy.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks much,

Debi
Hi Debi,

I would wait until you get a response to your reconsideration. If denied, after reconsideration, then I would consider spending the money to get a functional report from the PT department. It would be beneficial at the ALJ hearing level especially under your circumstances with no assistance from the physicians that see you.

If you are denied at the reconsideration level, you will have plenty of time to decide and get a functional report while you await your hearing.

I think the fee is high and I would also investigate other PT sources and ask what they would charge. I would also make some calls to some disability attorneys and get some FREE phone advice. Many are willing to do a brief phone consult and could steer you in the proper direction. They may know of PT sources and their respective fees that may be less expensive.

You do not need to sign up with the attorney just to pick his/her brain for a few minutes over the phone. I spoke with several different firms on the phone long before I chose one to be my representative.

Just my opinion. You have been in the reconsideration stage for a little while so I think you may be too late to have any effect on that stage. I could be wrong but I think you may hear from them shortly with their decision.

Would hate to see you pay out the money if you are in the pipe for an approval already. I would wait until denied and they appeal requesting an ALJ hearing. Then I would get as much info as possible in front of them.

Best to you.

Hopeless
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-30-2013), St George 2013 (10-29-2013)