View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 11:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
LadyM,

Did anything happen to your husband 15 years ago ? A car accident, surgery, head trauma, chemical exposure, etc ?

The personality change you mention is symptomatic of a brain injury/trauma.

It does sound like a seizure disorder may be the problem. An EEG does not rule out a seizure. Maybe a NeuroPsych Assessment or at least a consult with a neuro Psychologist will be helpful.

My best to you.
Thank you Mark.

He was working moving pallets, carrying two over his head. When he went to throw them up on the loading dock the bottom one went the top one didn't. Came down on the back of his head and drove his face into the loading dock. Broke (and cut)his nose pretty bad, he was coughed up blood, and was really out of it for a while(don't know how long, he doesn't either). the company he worked for sent him to the hospital but all that got done was they stitched his nose up. I didn't know the whole story till recently. He told me at the time he'd just smacked himself in the nose with the pallet. That on top of who knows how many concussions from fights and JROTC Ranger camp stuff(none of them have ever been treated).

The neuro he's going to now is a neuro Psychologist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
You have been through a lot with your husband. It seems that you need more help, and maybe another opinion on how best to proceed. If he would agree to see another doctor, keep a record of all that occurs, like a journal, including all these symptoms. I agree with the other post too, read like crazy. There are many folks here to help you . TBI is a huge forum and I hope you get many responses. ginnie

Were still on the first opinion. Just finally got him to admit(took me kicking him out of the house) somethings wrong and go to the doctor last month. We don't have much choice about which doc he sees state medical cards don't really cover much or give us many options. He hasn't been able to work for a long time and I'm on SSI. The doc we saw at the clinic seems to have given him a referral to a decent neuro. We've only seen him once but he seems to know what he's talking about so far. I've written down a list of everything i can think of to take to the next appointment on Nov 7th.

I've been reading(did have to take a break from that to watch "The Walking Dead" with my daughter tho. and to answer on here.

Thank you Ginnie.
LadyMoreta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-30-2013)