View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I feel your pain

Hi Nochance, I was very moved from reading your post. I don't think I can help you as I don't know enough. But I want to let you know I understand your feeling of " hopelessness, frustration and fear". I had been going through this journey since May this year. I share some of your symptoms i.e. altered skin sensitivities, tingling and burning sensations. Mine started from the lower extremities and now spread to my hands, face, sometimes back and shoulders both sides of body.

Like yourself I have sought help from my GP (2 of them in fact), full blood tests, hormonal screen studies, MRI on lower Lumbar spine and now am seeing a neurologist in November (GP is talking about getting a Brain MRI ) and EMG / Nerve Conduction Study as well.

I don't take any medication for PN at this stage. However, my GP told me to stop taking all my vitamins, especially anything containing B6. She indicated B6 could cause some of the symptoms. I take hypertension medication - Micardis, and she wonders if this also can cause PN symptoms. I did some research and it does mention Micardis could be implicated. so.... who knows.

It is a very lonely and scary journey we are traveling now. I do have a very supportive husband who has been listening to me - moaning and groaning but sometimes I can sense his helplessness and I tried not to burden him too much (then I tell him everything after many days of not telling him). We do fear for our future and at times, I was very depressed and was in a very dark place as well. Please talk to someone if you can trust and don't give up hope.

I am sure others will respond to your post and give you more information / suggestions than I can.

Take care and look after yourself. Yu Ping
yupings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (12-21-2013)