View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 08:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Susanne- thanks for sharing your story. It sound familiar. Its not often I hear of other pn'ers with burning in the thighs like me. Or muscle weakness, severe bi lateral carpel tunnel, etc. I'm leaning towards cmt lately. As a child I got frostbite super duper fast, and in my teens had a numb patch on my upper back and weird sensations in my thighs when I'd exercise-itchy and tingly.

Mrs d-yes, I have taken cipro a couple of times for bad uti's. Also been on macro bid about a dozen.
These familiar supplements sound worth an honest try. I took a bottle of L Carnitine and stopped because of the expense. How is toxin induced pn diagnosed?

Also, since my nerve conduction study showed abnormalities, does this mean it is large fibre? That's how they diagnosed carpel tunnel. I also have no ankle reflex and high arches.

I could be one of the lucky ones with large, small, and autonomic involvement. It sure feels that way. There's no symptom I don't have. Although the only numbness I have is in my hands in the morning if I don't wear my braces.
I'd hate to think that doctors are disregarding my complaints because of my age.

I'll keep watching the forums and try to use the info at my big appointment with the best neuro in Ottawa in December.

I'm wondering what the best way to get the point across to my pain doctor is that the pain is unbearable and really can be everywhere. He tells me to do Tai chi and reluctantly puts me on a low dose painkiller.

I found a great support group on Facebook, if anyone is interested. Its called " support for neuropathy "

Peace and kindness