View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 08:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have seen many, many doctors over the last 17 years dealing with my PN and Sjogren's.

My suggestion is to look for "Centers" associated with your condition and large teaching hospitals. They usually have latest treatments and an 'interest' as these guys are willing to learn in the process.

For instance, Sjogren's, Johns Hopkins has a Sjogren's Center. There they have a, rheumy, ENT, Gyn, neuro and ophthalmologist...all in one center as they are all a part of the care required for Sjogren's. If you have any other needs, then the doctors there are connected to others within JH that are 'experienced' in dealing with Sjogren's patients. It was the best move I ever made.

BTW, just as your example questioned, I needed a dentist experienced with my Sjogren's. I called several and 'questioned' the staff about their experience. Pretty much did a phone interview until I found one that fit my needs.

Many places are doing these types of Centers now. JH has one for PN, Lupus, Scleroderma, arthritis...and many others.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
abbyrition (10-31-2013), ginnie (10-31-2013)