View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

My concussion was in late March, the headaches were disabling, had to lie down in the dark, light, voices, actually any kind of noise sent me insane. I totally understand how your gf felt when the dryer made that noise, that darn buzzer can be torture. I was also exhausted from just a small conversation.

I have actually come a long way with mixing up words etc, still do it and my husband says I don't finish sentences sometimes but it is better. I will search and search for the right word and there's just nothing in my brain, it all takes time.

The disorientation is a lot better, I was in vestibular therapy which I know helped, probably got better a lot after about 5 months but I could feel improvement along the way.

You are such a wonderful person and I know this is so stressful for you, my husband said I was a completely different person, as you know your gf's brain is injured, I was told everything is misfiring and it takes time to heal.

I fought all this in the beginning but paid dearly so your gf must not do too much even if she feels she can, take it very slowly. I know when I did too much that terrible headache would be back for days.

You are both in my thoughts, please let us know how your gf is doing and take care.
dagma1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote