View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink i had one of these.....

back in 2002 i believe....... the tunnelled epidural catheter was placed, but i was not kept in the hospital................scary when you really think about that....................i was sent home, and had to return to the hospital for new meds in the 'medicine ball' every other day, and they redid the dressings on my back and also made sure there was no infection.............which i was very fortunate that i never got........i took antibiotics for the first week, then off the next week, then on again the following week, and off again for the final week.............yep, four weeks of this.............no showering, no driving, altho i did........it was very uncomfortable, not painful tho.....................but....the relief i received was good........it took about a week for the relief to really kick in tho.............maricaine, and buprovicaine and one other i can't really think of right now..............(sorry i just got home from florida and have not got my **** together....lafff )

i feel that the tunnelled epidural cath and the blocks that i recieved have given me back the relief i have today.........i am at a tolerable stage, thank goodness................

i went to therapy and was able to move my leg around a lot more than before the cath................

good luck with your cath, but i am glad to see that they make you remain in the hospital for a bit.............i would go through it all again if my pain warranted it again tho.....................

claudia
emilys gramma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote