Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, my husband brought home health insurance information from work last night. Indeed, we are able to keep our current policy next year. However, the cost of each month will go up a couple of hundred, to $1500 a month and there's now an out of pocket max of $22,500 before the policy covers us 100%. I don't have an extra $22.5K lying around for IVIG, so we get to choose from 3 "tempting" marketplace policies.

I don't have all the details on those yet, as the office will not open that information until Nov 4. However, when doing some checks on prescriptions, I was shocked to see that a medication my daughter has used since age 10 will suddenly be "banned" until she completes "step therapy" (trying less expensive alternative short acting meds vs the extended release one she uses now) before she can be approved to get the med. I am FURIOUS, as she is 16, a junior in high school, and is on a "streak of success" right now like she has never known in her life. Messing with her meds (for ADHD) at this point could really mess up her life and her future, in the worst case. I am going to be ALL OVER the folks in the marketplace, as well as writing my representatives, etc. Hell knows no fury like a ticked off Mama bear protecting her cub!

In summary, I am not happy! Has anyone else found out information on their plans for next year?
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-31-2013)