View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

dagma1 thank you so much for your insight into PCS.

I have a few questions today that I am not finding anywhere.

1) How long did you guys wait before getting vestibular therapy?

2) Did people say your speech is really slow even a week after the concussion?

3) Did anyone have difficult reading a digital clock? (for example if the time is 8:40am, my gf can make out the 8, but not the 4 and 0). If so did it get better?

4) She does not have insurance, so which specialties really helped and should be seen?

5) Did you guys find it possible to return to some form of employment after a few months?

Little update
I don't notice any declines since my last update on day 5. In terms of progress, I think her headaches are not as strong and everything is stable at where they are at. I have switched her over to Advil since yesterday.Right now for pain its just Advil 200mg during the day, but will be alternating with Acetaminophen 650mg if she gets a strong headache and too early for more Advil. At night have been doing a benadryl 25mg with an Advil 200mg. We also have been doing an icepack while administering medicine each time.

Think her concentration is better, but still have trouble understanding situations, tired, still have memory loss, sensitive to light and sound, heightened taste and smell, difficulty finding words.

One negative for the coming week is that she has two large orders that the customer already paid for, so that is often on her mind. I will be doing as much as I can to help her and limit the time she spends on it. After those two orders are shipped out, she will definitely be taking some time off from the business.
Agent007tj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote