View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi to fellow ON sufferer

Hi there, Luckily, it only took perhaps 12 different doctors to finally figure out that my main problem was ON and my pain manager began aggressive therapies to help manage my condition. Yes, he tries lots of injections that gave me no relief. finally he recommended RFA's (radio frequency ablation-look that up if you are interested). His first try was on my right side greater- and lesser-occipital nerves in my neck. No anesthesia, only locals. The whole process, using borrowed equipment (which came with a knowledgeable technician), took 6 minutes (plus the time to locate the nerves and set me up). Relief came instantly and lasted just short of 3 months. Succeeding procedures gave relief but for shorter and shorter intervals until it no longer worked and, in fact, gave its own pain source from irritating those wonderful occipital nerves, so, we stopped them. the pain continued and, in fact, became more intense, so the Dr. went to the next step and tried RFA'ing at the C2 spinal nerve. big mistake. 3 months of very intense radiating occipital pain followed which my Dr. could not and still doesn't understand. so right now, we are back to point 0, where i was almost 6 years ago!
PS: I am so glad to have found this site but so sorry to have found so many other sufferers.
Murfisto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote