Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 03:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default NO protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephC View Post
I 'thought' I was fortunate in that I have an individual health insurance plan that although $1,200 per month premium it provided 100% coverage no deductible, no lifetime max, etc with just $10 office visit co-pays and $7 Rx co-pay. Now thanks to Obama Care I am losing that plan...it ends 3/31/14 and I received letter yesterday that I MUST purchase a new plan through the Exchange. I glanced at the Exchange website and it did not instill any confidence that I am not really getting screwed here. Really provides little to no details about what you actually get

Seems to me Obama Care 'might be' good for underinsured/uninsured but not me! I am SHOCKED that this is affecting me and I am sure I am not the first/last to learn Obama Care is NOT a good thing for me. Seems there should have at least been a grandfather clause for those of us who have been paying rather than forcing me to now repurchase a new plan without even knowing what will wont be covered.
I know how you feel. I pay $1184 now for my individual policy and just hope that my insurance carrier will not decide to eliminate my plan. While my plan is "grandfathered", that offers NO protection against my insurance company deciding to stop offering it. It just means neither they nor I can make any changes to it. It does not guarantee they will continue to provide the plan.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote