Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 03:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default All have co-insurance percentages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim12 View Post
Take a bettler look at the plans. There are 4 levels and the highest one looks very comprehensive. You can also look at private insurance companies to see what plans they are offering that comply with the ACA. You can also contact an insurance agent for assistance.
All plans on the exchanges have a percentage amount for co-insurance. Bronze has 40% cost to insured, Silver has 30% to insured, etc.

40% of some "unknown" amount can be a very HIGH cost to the insured. Just a very short hospital stay could cost thousands and 40% of that can wipe someone out completely.

My plan has NO percentages, just flat dollar amounts so I KNOW what I will pay before I have the service, whether it be an office visit, a CT scan, blood work, surgery, hospitalized, etc. My drugs are also covered.

I can NOT afford even the 10% on a Platinum plan if I have a HIGH expense.

What happens if I get hospitalized and my bill totals $125,000? I don't have the $12,500 for my portion. What if it is a bronze plan? 40% of $125,000?

It is more than comparing premiums or conditions covered.

It would be impossible for me to become pregnant so why pay for maternity coverage? Substance abuse? Dental? I do not need these items. Health care and health insurance should not be one size fits all. Oh, did I mention that the plans of which you speak may not include your doctors or hospitals?

I do not want ANYONE deciding whom I should trust with my life. I want to have MY doctor.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote