View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 05:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

Very pleased to hear your gf's headache's are not as strong but be careful, they can be deceiving and right when you think they're gone they're back, not saying they will but again take everything slowly.

My Dr. started my vestibular therapy about 2 months after the concussion, I also had a neck and shoulder injury though so wasn't moving a lot but when I started walking around more I would sway and fall to the side.

Yes, speech was slow a week after my accident, the wrong words would come and I'd forget what things were called, I remember asking my husband for an apple but couldn't think of the word apple, just stared and stared at it but my mind was blank.

I'd also read a digital clock wrong! exactly how your gf is seeing it, If it was 9:30 I'd say it was 8 or 9. It did get better, again it takes time, sometimes I still make a mistake and say it's 7o'clock when my husband says it's 9, then I'll look again and see he's right, very strange.

For me there was no way I could go back to work after a few months, too disorientated, foggy, not thinking straight etc the computer/reading made the headaches worse too.

At one point, early on in therapy, I felt worse, my OT said that's typical, you'll feel worse to begin with then start feeling better.

It's hard to say what therapy your gf needs, everyone is different, best to see a Dr for an evaluation, are you managing to see a family Dr so someone can follow your gf ??

I know this is frustrating, we just want to jump up and be "normal" again, I don't know if you've read the sticky on vitamins, it all helps, eat good food, rest, ( I know if I get over tired a bunch of symptoms come back) reading posts on here helps, just to know you are not alone.

Hang in there,
dagma1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote