Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I may have gotten confused once again. Comment was made about doctors not having to accept medicare and or medicaid. It is very true. These Government programs donot pay very much to the docs, certainly not what their charges are. My one doctor told me he feels he must, for ethical reasons of his own. the need is great,. I so hope the new program works out and that no one will fall through the cracks like I did,not being covered at all. The pre existing medical issues dumped me out of any insurance. If the new program works, people will not have to lose all they had as I did. I am blessed to have ssdi now, but during the wait time,....well you get the picture. So many are worried and need the care right now, not four years from now. I got gang green in my gallbladder, I waited too long to get checked out because of no insurance. It could have cost my life. That is what me being stupid did, out of fear of the cost. Same with the spinal fusions, waited too long, and they wiped me out financially. I hope no one has to go through something like that ever again. We do need this program. Let's all pray they get their act together, so suffering will be a thing of the past. Ginnie
Ginnie, so sorry that happened to you. Glad you have something now but it scares me that even your Medicare coverage may not fill your needs.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-01-2013)