View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 01:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I saw a psychologist at first when I got rsd and he was very kind and understanding. He said he knew of three people who had rsd. One whose died of a heart attack shortly after getting rsd, one died of cancer shortly after getting rsd and one who was in a nursing home completely bedridden after getting rsd. Though I liked the man, I was completely freaked out about his stories stopped seeing him. I started go a psychiatrist who could prescribe xanax and zoloft for me becuase my anxiety level skyrocketed after seeing the pscycologist. My psychiatrist is also very kind and understanding. He said he has only had a few patients with rsd and that even though he hasn't seen them get physcially better from rsd, he hasn't seen them get worse either. I like his stories better and the meds he prescribes help me deal with my rsd panic attacks and anxiety and depression. If you don't feel comfortable with your dr and he doesn't believe what you say is true and thinks the pain is just in your head, then I would go to someone else. I've had drs who thought my extreme pain to my broken wrist was in my head until they realized I had rsd and that the pain was all too real. I started seeing another dr after that too. I don't live in Australia, though I wish I could visit there sometime to see the koala bears, but you may be able to find another dr online and don't forget to check his healthgrades for patient reviews and medical history, i.e. any malpractice suits he may have had. I stay away from those. Good luck. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote