View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 04:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Holistic centers to detox?

Hi all,
Hope you are having a good day. It is quite lovely here in Connecticut today, still alot of beautiful foliage left on the trees and it got to 68 today.

Just wanted to know if anyone has gone somewhere to help detox off their pain meds. When you call these detox/addiction places they sound like prison and you have to attend all these addiction group therapies sessions and spend weeks and weeks there. I am not addicted, I am just choosing to go off my pain meds, if I can.

I have done this twice before at a holistic health center where you do alot of wheatgrass and vegetable juice and colonics, etc. at a place in Florida which has now become too expensive and just too everything for me.

I just wanted to know if any of you have gone to a spa or wellness retreat or any place like that to assist you with the withdrawal. I have gotten off lyrica, which was not fun but now have a few other meds to get off and I just cannot do it at home and manage my life and family at the same time. A few places in Costa Rica look promising but not sure i can sit on a plane that long.

Thanks for any suggestions or input. I live just outside NYC.
Take care, Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote