View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Un informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Yep, people say you look good, but inside it hurts. PN doesn't show, and neither do 7 inch rods in the neck. I often wondered if they could put the rods on the outside of the neck....maybe then people will understand why you don't lift heavy things, or do heavy labor. Disability isn't something any of us want. If we walked around with this showing on our bodies, maybe the light bulb will go on for them! Some folks are just dim up stairs, missing the taco on the taco platter. Thank God we have NT. At least here there is some understanding of one anothers medical issues. Until someone experiences pain, or some medical issue, they just don't understand. You can't educated someone who is not able to Hear. I keep all of us in my prayers. ginnie
Healthy people have an image of pain/disability as someone with OBVIOUS physical ailments. They understand white canes, wheelchairs, etc. If you don't have something that SHOWS, then you must not be in pain or disabled. Little do they know about our tribulations. We understand that from strangers but when it is friend/family, it can be devastating to us.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clstewart81 (11-30-2013), finz (01-02-2014), ger715 (11-01-2013), ginnie (11-01-2013), PamelaJune (12-14-2013), St George 2013 (11-03-2013)