View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 06:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSsongbird View Post
How long is the process generally? And has any one had success and had enough to love on? I do have a lawyer working on a settlement that would be very substantial, but that could take 1-3 years depending. I talked with my doctor and because of my miscarriage we think it has most likely spread internally......I just feel like crying from the pain, and am having a very hard time making through the day at work....
I am so sorry that you are going through so much all at once. Obviously, it would be difficult to say whether or not disability or SSDI would be enough for you to live on since cost of living is so individual but, I don't think it is very much so my guess is it would be hard to live on by itself. Do you have STD/LTD through your employer? You could apply with reduced hours then the STD/LTD would kick in to make up the difference - depending on the language of your plan. This would also give you the option of returning to full time should circumstances change.

It would benefit you greatly to discuss all this with your attorney since whatever you do between now and when you settle or go to trial could impact your case.

Wishing you the better days ahead!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CRPSsongbird (11-02-2013), St George 2013 (11-04-2013)