Thread: I miss my dog
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I miss my dog

Hi. My name is Renee and I'm usually on the RSD site, but saw this site and started to cry. I had a sheltie for 10 years and two years ago I had to put him to rest because he had lupus and the vet said his heart was giving out. I didn't want him to suffer, but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. He was my first dog and truly was my best friend too. I walked with him almost everyday, and never felt alone as long as he was in my life. I have a wonderful family, but there's something different about the love shared with a dog. I got rsd (really sick) shortly after he died and shortly after my only child left for college. I don't see my husband too much because he works alot to help pay for all of my extra medical bills. I have some rescue animal now, but the special bond I had with my sheltie can never be found with any other living creature. I still cry almost every day for him. He was my furry baby who I knew since he was 4 days old. He gave me courage and strength when times got tough. He gave me unconditional love and constant joy. He taught me to enjoy the simple things in life like flowers and birds and to live each day to the fullest. He tought me to live for the moment. But most importantly he tought me to love and be loved unconditionally. I hope I get to see him again someday in heaven and that he's there now healthy and happy. I feel so lost without him. It hurts so much and I cry every day because I miss him so much, like I'm crying right now. It never seems to get easier and everything reminds me of him. I don't mean to be a downer, I just needed to talk about my best friend in the whole wide world. Thanks for listening. PS - Attached is a picture of my new rescue dog. She is part hound, part chow, part retriever and part shibu-unu. She is a sweetheart and has helped me to deal with loosing my other dog. I actually got her a few weeks after I lost my other dog. The house was too quiet without my dog and my cat needed a new friend too. And it turns out, my calico cat and my hound dog are the best of friends. She's was about a year old when we adopted her and she is the sweetest dog ever. She is like a big puppy and have helped me be able to move on. She can never replace my other dog, but she is special in her own way. She is my new furry baby and makes me smile!
PSS - I just wanted to edit this to correct myself on one thing. I said that the love shared with a dog is special and is different than the love shared with humans. I meant to say that the love shared with any furry friend, (a dog, cat, etc.) is special and is different than the love shared with humans. I just needed to clarify that because I have dogs and cat and love them all very much. They are all special in their own ways, just like people are. Thanks again for listening and for all of your kind words and thoughts.

Last edited by RSD ME; 11-02-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Wanted to clarify that all animals are special, not just dogs.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (11-02-2013), St George 2013 (11-03-2013)