View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 10:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilhun View Post
My husband had his hearing almost 2 months ago.. so far we haven't herd a thing.. The hearing was quick.. the judge asked questions and asked the vocational expert questions but never had the lawyer ask my husband questions.. the VE said no to my husband being able to do any jobs.. the lawyer says she is 99.9% sure the judge will vote in his favor.. anyone have any thoughts on this?
I had a crappy disability rep that didn't keep me informed. I did not have any hearings but found out I won SSDI disability claim by checking SSA.gov website periodically, logging in under my user id. Then had to wait a few months for lump payment. First benefit to be paid next month (Nov 2013).

My neighbor was denied twice and went to a hearing and was waiting for result. I suggested he log onto the SSA gov website and he was shocked to find out that he won. Then he called SSA directly and they said it could take up to 4 months to calculate his SSDI back pay and then he would receive official notice. Made his day.

Perhaps you could use the website to check your status?
skydancer52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (01-10-2014)