View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused SSD Hearing Now waiting

I am so stressed out. I just had my hearing and I am still so worked up. I don't know how to take how the hearing went. My attorney has been pretty strict with medical records and getting information over to the SS office. I felt o.k. with him. The hearing started and he started to read opening remarks and he was shaking all over the place, his voice was cracking. I just sat there and said to myself "you got to be Effing kidding me". Anyhow, the judge only asked a few questions most concerned why I had earnings in 2011. It was a very large severance check then he asked what my former tasks were at my former job.

There was a VE there and the judge asked him if I could do my former job the VE said no, then the judge asked if I could do anything. The VE said a video servailence person and a ticket taker. Then the judge said he was going to pose Hypotheticals. The judge asked 1 hypothetical question stating was there a job for someone who can only lift 10 lbs, stand for 5 minutes or miss 3-4 days a month and the VE said no. The judge said he had no further questions.

He then asked my lawyer if he had any questions and he was a mess, stuttering and referring to my RFC's from my doctor. He asked the VE to read. THe judge then in a stern voice said what are you talking about. The VE doesn't have access to that information you need to pose the questions yourself. He stuttered through with questions and the VE said there were again no jobs.

I have no clue on how to take the hearing. He was useless. My nerves are shot.
anonymous728 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote