View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi! Each person can tolerate their symptoms differently. Some pregnant women develop carpal tunnel and other nerve compression syndromes during pregnancy due to the extra fluid. My doctors warned me that I might be susceptible given my history of TOS but I didn't have any added problems during pregnancy. I know several people who had nerve problems during pregnancies.

In my case, there is no way I could have dealt with a baby had the 1st TOS surgery not worked. My 1st child arrived 18 months post op. I was still recovering at this point as I had significant nerve damage and muscle atrophy so we planned everything carefully knowing I didn't have good reliable use of the hand/forearm yet. I did have a 2nd baby a few years later and it was much easier taking care of the 2nd one than the 1st one due to where I was at in recovery. I had surgery on the other side 16 months ago for arterial TOS. This side did not fail because of the 1st side but due to a separate injury and underlying pre-disposition to TOS.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote