View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Renee,

I am sorry about your night pain, I wish I could be of more help but honestly this is something I think many of us deal with. The only thing that helps me is my evening hot tub or epsom salt soaks which helps me relax. A nice glass of vino also helps if you are not against this indulgence.

It is a hallmark sign of peripheral nerve issues to have more intense pain at night and even the disruption of sleep. From what I have been able to understand by my medical professional team is that as the peripheral nerves are stimulated through the central nervous system as the day wears on pain increases. When we are sleeping or resting out sensory system has a chance to take a break (to a certain degree) but after we start moving about and add light, sound and movement we have less ability to keep pain at bay since more senses are now on alert. This is the point of desensitization.. whether that be by touch or environment both of which increase pain.

Because of this, I try to get most of my daily goals done in the first 4 hours when pain is at its minimum.
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (11-02-2013), RSD ME (11-02-2013)