View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 02:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi runner292,

What is wrong with the second molar? Is that tooth root canaled?

How is the drainage today? Any pain?

Bryanna
I haven't had any drainage since I was in the office on Monday. Whatever he did blocked that up apparently although it seemed to be decreasing somewhat that day beforehand. White granulation tissue seems to be filling in and around the socket. But while looking at it, I can still see the saliva on top pulling back and forth slightly as I breathe through my nose. It's not like the fluid is running freely back and forth, it's more like a slight pull and very small amount of fluid moving around. So the communication is probably still there and either it's healing or it's just being blocked by something. I dont know, but this hasn't changed any over the past few days. The only positive development is that it seems the socket is trying to heal.

Pain from the extractions is pretty much all gone. There is some slight sinus inflammation though that comes and goes, but i dont think there is any infection as nasal discharge is clear and ive been on antibiotics since the day of the extractions. No cold symptoms or anything like that.

The 2nd molar has a crown. Nothing wrong with it as far as I know. He just sort of vaguely mentioned it. I guess he's suggesting he wouldnt be able to surgically close the communication without pulling that tooth for some reason.
runner292 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote