View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default booster IVIg (trying something new)

I had a five-day course of IVIg a few weeks ago. It made me strong for a week, and then all my symptoms flared up again.

While I was feeling the good effects of the IVIg, I thought it would make sense to try to keep me strong, instead of letting me crash before treating, so I asked my neuro to prescribe one infusion per month. My first monthly booster day is this Tuesday. I suppose I'll go, but now that all my symptoms are back, I don't really see how one day is going to do much for me, when the whole five-day course only gave me one week of strength. Any thoughts? Is it possible that if I have one day per month, it will start to bring me up after a few months?

It's hard for me to imagine doing the five-day course again. My MG doesn't give me vision or breathing problems, so I have the luxury of choice here. The five days at the infusion center (my insurance won't cover home infusions) were incredibly disruptive to my family, and exhausting to me, and I had migraines for a week afterwards. The week of strength I gained was not worth the week I lost.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote