View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Solohardflip,

Yes, the bacteria from a tooth infection can spread to other areas of the mouth, sinus, jaw bone and further. It is not wise to let an infection go on to long because it will become more difficult to treat.

Is the painful tooth in the upper jaw? Do you know which tooth it is? It is common for infected upper teeth to cause problems with the sinuses. If that is the case, then treating the sinus will not cure the infection. The infected tooth needs to be removed in order to "cure" the source of the infection so the sinus can also heal.

It is best to consult with an oral surgeon for the possible removal of this tooth. The OS has more experience and knowledge about infected teeth and can treat the sinus if it is related to the infection much more so than a general dentist.

Try not to worry. The sooner you take care of this tooth and infection the better you will be. This is a common problem and the sooner it is treated the easier it is for you. You will be okay

Keep us posted.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solohardflip View Post
Ok, so in march I had a tooth filling, a few days later it fell out. Not knowing much about teeth I didn't think much of it. My tooth was sensitive to hot/cold liquids and hurt when I chew hard foods. I began having headaches off and on a few days a week. In May, I suffered a concussion. So I took it easy for a couple of months. I feel as if the concussion is Healed or close to it, as my thinking is back to 100%. But I still have headaches. But there now located in the forehead, temples, and around the ears. As initially after the concussion the pain was on top of my head. And my tooth is still sensitive and hurting. So I decided to stop putting off the pain as concussion pain, and started looking for another cause. A recent mri showed I have a maxillary sinus infection, which I found out can be caused by a tooth infection. My question is, could all this be my tooth? An if so, did I wait too long? I have recently found out the severity of tooth infections and wish I got it checked out earlier. And am known to be paranoid. Thanks for reading.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote