View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Thanks for your response. And yes the problematic tooth is on my upper left side second one to the back (my wisdom teeth are removed) I am going to see the dentist as soon as I can get scheduled this week. I do have a few more questions though. Is it possible for the tooth to be infected and me not have a fever? My parents keep saying it isn't infected because I don't have a fever. But they also didn't think I had a concussion. So I don't think I believe them. Also, I get sporadic sharp pains in my head when I talk, but only sometimes it's random. Could that be from the infection? Or a jaw problem?(the hit that causes the concussion was in the chin) and lastly, even know the filling fell out in march, do you think the infection will still be relatively simple to cure with removal of the tooth? Or did I find out in a late stage? Thanks for your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Solohardflip,

Yes, the bacteria from a tooth infection can spread to other areas of the mouth, sinus, jaw bone and further. It is not wise to let an infection go on to long because it will become more difficult to treat.

Is the painful tooth in the upper jaw? Do you know which tooth it is? It is common for infected upper teeth to cause problems with the sinuses. If that is the case, then treating the sinus will not cure the infection. The infected tooth needs to be removed in order to "cure" the source of the infection so the sinus can also heal.

It is best to consult with an oral surgeon for the possible removal of this tooth. The OS has more experience and knowledge about infected teeth and can treat the sinus if it is related to the infection much more so than a general dentist.

Try not to worry. The sooner you take care of this tooth and infection the better you will be. This is a common problem and the sooner it is treated the easier it is for you. You will be okay

Keep us posted.
Bryanna
Solohardflip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote