View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Solohardflip,

I will repost your questions and answer in bold type.

<<Is it possible for the tooth to be infected and me not have a fever?>>

YES, IT IS VERY POSSIBLE. FEVER IS NOT ALWAYS INDICATIVE OF AN INFECTION AND IT IS NOT ALWAYS PRESENT WITH AN INFECTION.
DON'T BLAME YOUR PARENTS...... THEY'RE JUST PEOPLE )

<<Also, I get sporadic sharp pains in my head when I talk, but only sometimes it's random. Could that be from the infection? >>

SHARP FLEETING PAINS IN THE HEAD CAN MEAN INFLAMMATION OR INFECTION EITHER IN A TOOTH OR THE SINUS AREA.

<<<Or a jaw problem?(the hit that causes the concussion was in the chin)>>

YES THOSE PAINS COULD ALSO BE A JAW PROBLEM. WHEN YOU GET HIT IN THE CHIN IRRELEVANT OF THE ANGLE THE LOWER JAW GETS PUSHED BACK, DOWN, OR SIDEWAYS WHICH COULD SET UP AN INJURY AND/OR AN INFLAMMATORY PROBLEM IN THE TMJ AREA. DID YOU FRACTURE YOUR JAW? WERE YOU CHECKED FOR A FRACTURED JAW? HAVE YOU HAD ANY FOLLOW UP XRAYS OR SUCH? MAY I ASK HOW THE INJURY HAPPENED?

ALSO TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD A FEW CONCUSSIONS PLAYING SPORTS AND A CAR ACCIDENT .... IT IS FAIRLY COMMON TO HAVE FLEETING PAINS IN YOUR HEAD FOR A LONG TIME AFTER WARD.

<<<even know the filling fell out in march, do you think the infection will still be relatively simple to cure with removal of the tooth? Or did I find out in a late stage?>>>

THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO TELL HOW LONG THIS TOOTH HAS BEEN UNWELL. FOR THE FILLING TO FALL OUT SO QUICKLY THE TOOTH MAY HAVE BEEN BADLY BROKEN DOWN AND COULDN'T HOLD THE FILLING AND/OR THERE WAS DECAY STILL PRESENT IN THE TOOTH AND THE FILLING DID NOT GET A GOOD SEAL AND/OR THE FILLING JUST DIDN'T FIT RIGHT. HOPEFULLY REMOVING THE TOOTH AND DEBRIDING THE SOCKET WILL TAKE CARE OF THE INFECTION. IS THIS THE SAME SIDE AS THE SINUS INFECTION?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solohardflip View Post
Thanks for your response. And yes the problematic tooth is on my upper left side second one to the back (my wisdom teeth are removed) I am going to see the dentist as soon as I can get scheduled this week. I do have a few more questions though. Is it possible for the tooth to be infected and me not have a fever? My parents keep saying it isn't infected because I don't have a fever. But they also didn't think I had a concussion. So I don't think I believe them. Also, I get sporadic sharp pains in my head when I talk, but only sometimes it's random. Could that be from the infection? Or a jaw problem?(the hit that causes the concussion was in the chin) and lastly, even know the filling fell out in march, do you think the infection will still be relatively simple to cure with removal of the tooth? Or did I find out in a late stage? Thanks for your time.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote