Thread: Driving....
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Hey Nanc,

I really am sorry that this is so painful for you. Is there anything different you can do with shoes or socks that could make your foot just a bit more comfortable? What about lidoderm patches placed along nerves above the ankle to help? What about using cruise control as much as possible? For your hands can you add a steering wheel cover so that your grip doesn't have to be so tight?

What about friends or neighbors is there anyone who might be able to help out when your husband cannot?

If your mornings are better for pain it might be good to try your practice then?

Sure wish there was an easy answer but as we all know with CRPS there never is.. so sorry.

I do hope your next practice goes better than today!
Hey Tessa! Thank you! There is nothing I can do to make my feet feel better or more comfortable. Sometimes I can wear socks, sometimes not. Sometimes I can wear shoes, but only certain ones. Lidoderm patches do nothing for me. I think the problem in my foot is because the movement back and forth and holding it on the gas. The route to PT only allows for cruise control on part of it. Not trying to sound negative.

I do not have anyone to ask to drive me. The few friends that I have here work full-time and have kids. My neighbors...I am not close enough to any of them to ask something like this. Plus they all work full-time.

So frustrating...
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zookester (11-02-2013)