Thread: Driving....
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
Hey Tessa! Thank you! There is nothing I can do to make my feet feel better or more comfortable. Sometimes I can wear socks, sometimes not. Sometimes I can wear shoes, but only certain ones. Lidoderm patches do nothing for me. I think the problem in my foot is because the movement back and forth and holding it on the gas. The route to PT only allows for cruise control on part of it. Not trying to sound negative.

I do not have anyone to ask to drive me. The few friends that I have here work full-time and have kids. My neighbors...I am not close enough to any of them to ask something like this. Plus they all work full-time.

So frustrating...
Trust me I understand the frustration completely as my CRPS II originated in my driving leg and I live 45 min from the nearest store and 2-3 hours from all doctors. It is very frustrating for sure. I have had many conversations about this with the doctors who treat me, because they easily forget that having a friend drive me means 6 hours out of their day at a minimum.

I do drive, but this means I have to forgo many medications in the days leading up to the appointment so that I am legal to drive, which only adds to the pain and frustration. The only thing things that seem to get me through (and not always without tears) is adjusting my seat so that my pelvis is higher and allows for better blood flow to my legs and feet, frequent stops and the lidoderm patches which reduces the burning a little (too bad they don't help you).

It sucks it really does!! What about local transit or services offered for people with disabilities, ride share or checking with senior centers to if they know of any other transportation services not commonly known otherwise?

Have you tried Valium suppositories for your PFD? A friend uses them and says they have worked wonders for her. Hopefully you can get through your PT quickly and that it helps so that the life challenge and pain it creates makes it worth it in the end.

Fingers crossed,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (11-02-2013), RSD ME (11-02-2013)