Thread: Driving....
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My CRPS started in my left leg, so in a way I'm fortunate in that we 'only' had to swap our manual transmission car for an automatic....but the cost and hassle of that was pretty big and as with everything else, I just felt like such a nuisance and drama-queen!

Since it's been in my feet as well I find I do struggle to feel the pedals fully sometimes. On bad days I just don't drive at all, and I won't ever set out to drive a long distance now as I just don't know if my feet might flare up. It's not happened badly while driving so far. I dread not being able to drive...

I'm the same with the friends and family dilemma - like so many others, I've lost a fair number of so-called friends since this started. Some people just don't forgive or try to understand when you have to change your plans at the last minute, or if there are places you just can't tolerate anymore. The ones I've still got either work full time or live quite a distance away. My family aren't that far from me, but they're working, and my parents aren't that well themselves and I can't ask them to wait around at a hospital. Taxis are expensive, buses impossible...my poor husband has taken long lunch breaks for me, afternoons off, etc, but he can't do it all the time. I'm not claiming disability allowance or benefits, so I don't think I qualify for the local driver service free. Sigh.

Well done to all of you finding a way through the maze of problems this throws up at you. It's great coming on this forum and feeling inspired by everyone out there who feels like me and understands all this stuff, and pushes to get through the long days too....

Bram

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (11-03-2013)