View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks! That gives me hope. So far, I haven't really responded to anything I've tried: Mestinon, azathioprine, IVIg or Prednisone (low-dose). I'm always hoping, of course, for that magic treatment... On the other hand, I have had several mini-remissions (two to three months) for no apparent reason.

Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bny806 View Post
I am about to do another loading dose (1st loading dose in 2 years) this coming week (and dreading it)!!! But, I know for me my initial IVIG loading dose, 2 years ago, I thought I felt better, but then thought maybe it was placebo.. I had another just regular one day dose 3-4 weeks later and then that is when it really hit me that I got better.. it was all of the sudden and super obvious.. I almost felt like my old normal self!!! I hear that's not uncommon to feel better with the following infusions.. So, I think it's worth the try...
I despise losing times with my family and going to the infusion center as well.. and have spaced out infusions further just due to that, not to mention the ill effects for days afterwards.. but if it's only one day then at least that's easier than 5.. so I think it's worth it to try at least one or two times
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (11-03-2013)