Thread: Driving....
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Bram & Vrae!

So, I went out to try again this morning. I failed at it again. My foot was bothering me and my vision was blurry. As I was driving (back roads) I got one of those sharp shooting pains in the side of my head and then the vision gets worse and my face starts flaring up. We ended up swapping places and my husband drove the rest of the way to Walmart. We forgot my walker, so I said I would just use the cart, my hands hurt so bad from trying to hold the steering wheel, I couldn't push the cart. We only picked up a few things and left.

At least I tried again, but I feel so defeated. I always thought I would be older, much older, when I would lose the ability to drive. This just sucks!!!

My husband is calling his boss now to tell him he needs the morning off to drive me to my appt tomorrow. Hopefully I can find some help through Social Services or something by my next appt. Thanks again for the ideas and caring suggestions. I appreciate it and am so thankful to have found this forum. You guys are awesome!

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (11-03-2013), RSD ME (11-03-2013), zookester (11-03-2013)