View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jae,

Because your description makes me think the bump is very high up, I think it may be that you may have developed a canker sore along the bony ridge. This can happen from hitting that area with your toothbrush or scratching it with a piece of crusty bread or food. A canker sore or some type of an ulceration would feel sore to the touch, acidic foods may bother it and it can become inflamed and very red. It would not hurt to rinse with warm salt water a few times a day for a few days and see if that helps. These types of sores can last from 7-21 days. Usually they are the most uncomfortable for the first week and then slowly taper off.

If the area becomes more swollen ... you develop a fever or other sign of possible infection... or the tooth starts to hurt, then see your dentist sooner than December.

Hope this is helpful to you. Keep us posted.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae556 View Post
Its hard, I tried looking it in the mirror but had difficulty seeing the bump but it did look pretty red back there. I believe there's there's a small filling in that tooth (I can't remember what took had the cavity in it)

could a salt water rinse help?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote