Thread: I miss my dog
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi RENEE

There are no limits or time frame for grief. I know people say you should be over it by now. It isn't that easy. If a bond is strong, it is like having a child, you never really get over it. You just learn to live with it.
I had a motor cycle riding, boat riding, train riding, airliner riding, bus riding, traveling cat. He was leashed trained, and loved the rest stops where the dogs were when I traveled. He was with me 21 years. Longer than my own kids!
There are days I still tear up missing him after two years. He was such an incredible animal, and trained just about like a dog. He even went down to the ocean and took a taste, that face he made of awful, I have on camera.
I hope indeed that there is a heaven. He will be there waiting for me.
It is OK to miss him Renee. Just writing this I teared up, so I know how you are feeling. Remember the good, make a collage of his photos and put it over your dresser. I have Scruffys' tags, toys, harness, and whiskers in his collage. It is the first thing I see when I wake up.
I adopted a 3 day old kitten. Never can replace, but the joy of this animal does help. The bottle feedings, bonded us, and he is on my lap now. He had a feral background and wasn't expected to live. I help out at an animal rescue agency. I had waiting the two years, for just such a chance.
I am here to listen to you any time about your pet. xxxginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-03-2013)