View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 02:58 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default You go Girl!!!

Glad to have you aboard. Most folks try Big Pharma first and look with an open mind only after they become disilusioned. Please keep us informed. A couple of comments- A dose of about five grams (a tablespoon is roughly seven) was about right. The published studies used ten times that. Makes me wonder if the work was real or not. And when you do start, avoid things like Zandopa which claim to be "extracts". If they are extracts then they left something out and they don't know if it was important or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird View Post
This is a fascinating thread, and one of great interest to me- I am about to start Mucuna and my circumstances are different to most on this thread. I am on no meds at all and have been diagnosed for over 2 1/2 yrs. I know only one other person who has done this, and he has given me invaluable advice. He himself has not long started. Is there anyone else whose first port of call was Mucuna? What effect did it have on your symptoms, and do you have any advice? Also what dosage did you find best? The person I am in touch with uses a very small amount, which seems the best advice.
Warm regards, Ladybird
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote