View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

to Ginni
yes it was my post you read re. The Mayo Clinic.
But be that as it may be, I am over it now. But it is very difficult to handle all this my self. No, I have not had T and B lynphocytes checked. At least I do not think so. I have printed up the Liza Janes chart, and have started to fill them in with all test results. And I was planning to take them with me to next doctor, so they could see what other tests we need to do.

My best doctor is the Rheumotologist. She is Young, assistant professor at the university.of Miami. She has all the patience in the world, I can even E mail her, and she replies.
The doctor that is the socalled expert in neuropathy, does not seem to be interested to investigate any more than the initial bloodtests he did. He keeps insisting that my glucose tolerance test was borderline positive. But it was not, I even took the result to a endocrenologist and he said no. All the printed results were negative, none outside normal range. But this doctor insist that my 1 hour glucose was too high. But it was within expected normal
I think he just says this to have it said, that he did what he could, and found a cause of my neuropathy. Since I even saw him, I am so much worse. To the point now that my hands have tremort fom the parasthesia.
Ginni, I will tell you this. My rheumotologist put me on a steroid treatment, and I felt so much better, almost normal again. But after 6 weeks, I just have completed the treatment and it was tapered down as usual. Yes, I know all about Prednisone, and it's side effects. But I also know, and my doctor agreed, that due to a good response to the med, it means that there was an inflamation going on.
Yes, I must get another PCP. I sort of know the local doctors a little bit ( through my work) I have contacted one, she is caring, but I do not think that she is that knowlegable
I need to feel safe that I have a doctor that wants to take a little time. Don't you agree, I think the doctors would like to think of themself as having professional integrety, and also have interest in medicine and a little reserch.?
So, thank you for your reply, I will work on those things
I can not expect my Rheumy to take chage, and the specialty neuro seems to only look at it as a consultation, and not a continuation.
I have my local neuro, and he is very nice. He is the one that has seen me through a feew neuro things, I think he is trying his best. You see, the reason I stood by my PCP has been that he actually is very smart, and also is in chaerge of a whole unit at our hospital. I decided that I could keep him only as a physiacist consult, because he also has that tiltle.
Let's see. thanks
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-03-2013)