View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 07:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallsy View Post
Hi
I hear a crackling/fizzing noise that sounds like it's coming from inside the back of my head but perhaps it is in my neck. I hear this crackling/squishing noise when I walk too.
Sometimes it occurs without any movement, most often in the morning when I just wake up.
I wake up and then all of a sudden I can hear sizzling and crackling inside my head
Please please if anyone can give me an idea of what this is?
thanks
Welcome to NeuroTalk.

No one online can give you a definitive diagnosis, and this forum is here for people with diseases and physical issues that cause pain to support one another. We are not physicians and can not diagnose.

That said, I get this too, and my MDs have said it is the sound of early arthritic changes in the bones and joints, bone-on-bone grinding. We all suffer degenerative changes in our spine as we age, and this is one of the symptoms most commonly reported from that. Stiffness and pain and limited range of motion are other symptoms. You have muscles attached to bones everywhere in your body by tendons, and muscle tension can cause the bones to tighten and rub against one another too.

If you have any other symptoms, like numbness, burning, or pain, it would be best that you see your doctor to make sure you do not have another disease process going on.