View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

my advice is try carbidopa/levodopa first to see if you benefit from l-dopa. get that out of the way first. dose up to where you get the maximum benefit within reason.
i noticed a benefit the first day, i've read where some people can take weeks. you can always taper off of it, your're not going to become addicted.

so experience what pure l-dopa does for you, imho a lot of people who are "afraid" to take C/L because of all the horror stories they read and videos they see are trading quality of life for possibly a problem that may not ever occur. keep in mind that 100,000's of people taking L-DOPA DON'T POST HERE, so you are not getting a cross section of opinions represented on this board about C/L.
if you want to use mucana, then then i suggest you slowly replace the C/L with mucana. imho you can spend a lot of time trying to figure out the dosage and timing of mucana. i tried it as my first medication, i too was worried about C/L but i didn't get much of a benefit and it made me slightly nauseus.

i'm not a doctor and these are just my opinions. i was diagnosed in late 2001, have taken C/L for at least 6 years and get pretty good relief from C/L which had been tested in clinical trials and i can trust the purity and strength. can't say the same for MUCANA even if it says organic.

i've read where some people take it with C/L to get some carbidopa into their system which inactivates an enzyme in your peripheral tissues that converts l-dopa to dopamine which can't pass the blood brain barrier.

studies have shown that C/L does not speed up progression or kill neurons.
even with CARBIDOPA it's estimated less than 10% of the l-dopa gets into your brain. l-dopa is a naturally occurring amino acid. the small amount of L-DOPA you would be initially taking is just supplementing what your brain isn't producing anymore.

how do you know mucana isn't carinogenic or harmful in other ways? just playing devil's advocate. whereas C/L has been safely taken since the 1970's.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote