View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 04:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRian View Post
Do you feel that way too when you put on makeup? (if you wear makeup)? For me, it's always hard - I've aged at least 20 years these last 6 years since we moved to Arizona, so looking in the mirror is hard in itself - it reminds me of all the awful stuff I've been thru since moving. Also, putting on makeup symbolizes getting up out of bed (where you can at least groan in peace) and starting to force your body to do things that it doesn't want to do but most everyone else can do with ease. I really DO feel like I'm painting a corpse, but my daughter likes it, so I do it. I was worried the "poem" was pretty dark, plus I've never written poetry since I was forced to in school but it just kind of came out as I sat down and started typing, and one thing that's so helpful here is that people understand the dark stuff.
Yes I do . I've aged a lot in the last two and a half years. My skin has developed lots of dark patches and age spots, and I look like someone has taken my face, balled it up like a paper bag, and tried to smooth it back out! My hair has also got coarse, thinned a LOT, and has got very grey at the temples, sides and crown. I'm only 42! Before this, I used to think I was ageing quite well... Being in pain all the time has a lot to answer for.

I wrote a bit of poetry in my late teens and very early twenties, but not since then. I've been writing a novel for a few years tho, and although mostly positive and hopeful, bits of that are dark. I'm a firm believer in getting the dark stuff out of your head - I used to write stuff down and then burn the paper. Kind of symbolic and healing. I like putting it in poetry though, as it requires more concentration and creativity too, so it's not just a dark emptying process but also the birth of something too. Even if that something isn't quite what you hoped by the end!!

Today I keep dropping things and having to bend down to pick them up. I can no longer do that quietly! Oh the joys! Some days I feel about a hundred, others only about sixty

Take care everyone and have a good day if you can.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jenna Delaney (12-09-2013), RSD ME (11-04-2013)