View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 06:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ha! You made me laugh today Rick, when I am not really in a laughing mood. Really laugh!!

I"d say to anyone wanting to try mucuna, do it before L-dopa (Sorry, Soccertese I'm not advising anyone to - this is to those who are likely to do it anyway.) Go very easy and find what works for you. Sinemet is not easy to stop taking. There are horror stories, yes, and some of them are very real, but you have to take a common sense approach. If mucuna does not do anything for you, you will know it. if it does then what Rick says will resonate. If its not for you, then there are all the existing PD drugs, most of them work for most people some of the time, or even most of the time. To a greater or lesser degree.

I wish I had been given a choice, I was just told I needed to start treatment, without really knowing anything about things. Given the choice today I would probably give favas a try first, after making sure I had the test to make sure I could consume them safely (not everyone can). If you do not have fauvism, then they seem a softer option, and I like the idea of growing them, though that is something I might not get round to doing.

To the two people from South Africa - please PM me if you wish, to connect you with some pwp who are looking to coalesce on a 'south side of the world' basis, something that is much needed. Glad you are here.
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (11-07-2013)