View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiek View Post
I have an appointment with my new psych on Wednesday, so will report back. It is so frustrating at the moment dealing with the physical aspect is one thing, then the mental issues rear their head. My anxiety has been quite bad recently. I am currently on income protection and the company placed me under surveillance, this has caused major issues, whenever I leave the house I think I am being followed. Not a great feeling. I am hoping that the psyc might be able to help me out with this. Also I was wondering if anyone else has developed compulsions. I find myself doing things such as checking I locked the car or house 5 times. I do other strange things too, my husband said maybe it is because I am sort of in control of those things where as I have no control over my body at the moment. Has anyone experienced this
Katiek,

You are right dealing with both the physical and mental aspects of this a major battle in and of itself!

Sounds like the insurance company is trying to find a way to wiggle out of paying your income protection policy.. weasels!! My only advice is to work closely with the physician who diagnosed your CRPS/RSD and follow his recommendations as much as possible. Work through conflicts regarding referrals and treatment recommendations with that physician so that you don't get labeled as a malingerer or someone who refuses any type of treatment. The psychologist you are seeing - do they specialize in 'pain psychology'? If not, I would ask to be referred to someone who is familiar with treating people with chronic pain or chronic medical conditions since that invariably changes the dynamic of therapy. Try not to worry about the surveillance as long as you are honest with your abilities and inabilities what they see, shouldn't be a problem.

Regarding the compulsions - have you been evaluated for PTSD? PTSD can occur after any type of major trauma including the trauma related to illness, injury etc., if you haven't already discussed this with your doctor it might be worth bringing up. Be sure to mention to each an every doctor or therapist you see about your symptoms no matter how insignificant they seem.

Try to relax..
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote