View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 11:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just had my first dose of IVIG 10 days ago. I started feeling better the second day. Had two days at 4 hours each, will do one four hour dose monthly in the future.

How nice it is to feel better! My arm and leg weakness is minimal. I can now read to my daughter without my throat getting weak/not being able to talk. Before I could go maybe 10 minutes, now we read for half an hour or more. Same goes for meetings at work. I don't yawn in people's faces anymore, and don't have to take a break from talking. I don't get fatigued running errands or doing housework.

Yesterday my arms started feeling a bit weak doing laundry and today while washing my hair. So I wonder if it's wearing off already, but I still feel good.

Cons for me: 2 days of head/neck ache, flu-like symptoms starting morning after first dose. Tylenol took care of it mostly.

Suggestions: don't drink caffeine before going, as it dilates your veins. Drink lots of water! My poor infusion nurse had to stick me 6 times. She was doing her job fine, but my body was not cooperating

Best wishes,
Susan
schavarria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Needananswer (11-05-2013)