View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 01:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MGH or Hopkins.

Had a pec minor tenotomy last week with Dr. Donahue following same side Botox injections plus assessment, following diagnostics=A and V Doppler with provocation, CT with dye(with special algorithm he uses to improve imaging), and EMG, following TOS specific PT for almost six months. I read about Hopkins from their website and saw YouTube presentations by their surgery boss. I also saw a Dr. Donahue presentation from a link from this site which was impressive. My and friend's MGH experiences are significantly better than what we have in the community where I was "lost" for about a year.

My second choice would have been Washington University in St. Louis where they've been doing TOS research since the mid 90's or Baylor where Chris Carpenter, baseball pitcher, went for treatment.

The significance in finding an expert provider is the specificity and the reliability of the intervention. For example, many other conditions mimic TOS, some TOS responds to expert TOS PT, some to Botox, and in my case, I hope, a simple tenotomy instead of a full decompression, will resolve my symptoms.

As a nurse, I was most impressed with the time he took carefully assessing
my presentation and the folks who work with him, they shine! Hospital folks are usually quite frank with their opinion...Donahue has quite a large bragging crew at MGH and in the Boston area.
Teddyballgame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cyclist (11-04-2013), jkl626 (11-05-2013)